Making a difference requires everyone to contribute to making workplaces safe and reducing workplace injuries in the ACT.
We can all help make a difference by implementing the 'Six Steps to Small Business' Tool Kit, undertaking hazard awareness education modules, keeping up to date with news and information, encouraging communication, sharing solutions, and giving recognition to employers and workplaces that improve their management of health and safety.
Six industry sectors with the most to gain from improvements in health and safety are:
- building and construction
- health and community services
- retail and wholesale trades
- finance and insurance
- education and
It is also important to focus on the four major hazards that are the main cause of injury in the workplace. The four major hazards are:
- electrical hazards
- machine guarding
- slips trips and falls and
- manual handling
Where to next?
Please select one of the links on the left.
- ACT businesses, should first select "Business Safety".
- Non-business viewers may wish to go directly to the "Education Modules".