Making a difference requires everyone to contribute to making workplaces safe and reducing workplace injuries in the ACT from a figure of 19 injuries per day.
We can all help make a difference by implementing the "10 Steps to Safety" Tool Kit, undertaking hazard awareness education modules, keeping up to date with news and information, encouraging communication, sharing solutions, and giving recognition to employers and workplaces that improve their management of health and safety.
Six industry sectors with the most to gain from improvements in health and safety are:
- building & construction
- health and community services
- retail & wholesale trades
- finance and insurance
- education and
It is also important to focuses on the four major hazards:
- electrical hazards
- machine guarding
- slips trips and falls and
- manual handling
which are the major causes of the injuries in our workplaces.
Where to Next
Please "click" on one of the links on the left.
- ACT businesses, should first select "Business Safety".
- Non-business viewers may wish to go directly to the "Education Modules".
- OHS Industry Stakeholders should add their details to the e-mail register.
- The ACT Work Safety Commissioner logo links to the Work Safety Commissioner's website